When you are selecting albums or individual photos for ordering products or sharing, please be aware that your view of your photo library (MY PHOTOS) differs a bit in the app from our web site view. In the app, you will initially see the photos on your phone.
To change the photo source from your phone, tap SNAPFISH, INSTAGRAM or FACEBOOK at the top of the screen.
Each photo source is described below, with optional views for PHONE and SNAPFISH.
Important: In all views, just tap the check-mark in the upper right of a photo to select an individual photo for a project.
A Timeline view of the photos on your PHONE (or other device) opens by default showing your most recent photos at the top. But there are two other views you can select that are organized differently. The options appear initially when the screen is loading, but can become hidden once the screen completely loads. If you can't see the view options, swipe the photos downward to reveal the viewing options at the top of the screen. All three views are described and shown below:
- Timeline--The timeline view shows photos sorted by the date they were taken, and is the default view.
- Grid--The grid view shows thumbnails of every photo, which can be good for selecting recent photos, but very time consuming if you are looking for older photos or have a lot of photos.
- Album--The album view shows all the albums you have created by the date they were uploaded or album creation date. This view is the most condensed, so allows you to navigate to older albums quickly, provided you can remember the album name, or month it was created.
There are 3 ways to view your Snapfish photos, and all are described below. A grid view is not offered.
- Timeline--The timeline opens by default and shows photos by upload date, or by the date any photos were created on the web site via your editing and creating them on the web site (not currently available in the app).
- My Albums--This just like the album view for your phone, but for albums in your Snapfish account. and it shows all the albums you have created by the date they were uploaded or album creation date. Click an album to select individual photos from that album, or click the check-mark on the upper right of the album to select everything in the album.
- Friends Albums--This view is identical to the My Albums view, but is restricted to only show albums that have been shared with you. The albums are sorted by the date they were shared. Click an album to select individual photos from that album, or click the check-mark on the upper right of the album to select everything in the album.
Your Instagram photos appear in a grid view with the most recent at the top. There are no timeline or album views.
Your Facebook photos are grouped within albums, and are presented with the most recent at the top (see below). There are no timeline or grid views.