Say you're making a canvas, mug, or another product and want to edit the photo or photos you're using. Just, click or tap a photo to display editing options.
- Use the slide tool to zoom in
- Use the puck to move or pan to the print area you want after zooming in
- Grab the photo corner handles to resize the photo (please note, when you order standard prints, you'll find the option to change print size in the menu on the left.).
- Rotate the photo with the handle below the photo (this handle appears above the photo in our standard prints builder).
- Delete the photo from the page (or standard print order) using the trash can.
Answers to common questions about editing photos in a product builder
What’s a photo box?
It’s like a placeholder for your photos. You'll see them in all our product builders except the standard prints builder. Don't worry about blank photo boxes; they won't print.
What and where are photo handles? I don’t see them.
When you click on a photo, you'll see a dotted line with circles at the corner points and diamonds at the center points (see right). These points are the photo handles and will turn blue when you mouse over them. Just click on a photo to see them. If they don't appear immediately, move the photo around. Please note that photo handles are not available in the standard prints builder since print sizes are fixed.
How do I remove a photo from the page, or project?
To delete a photo from a product page, click the photo and then select the trash icon. Don't worry, the photo will remain in your library as well in the project's photo well.
To delete a photo from the project, open the PHOTOS menu and then click or tap the trash can icon on the photo. Selected photos will be deleted from your project, but not your library.
What does the dotted line mean in my project space mean?
We call this the safe area. If you place anything outside the dotted lines it may not print, so for best results we recommend you keep your photos, embellishments and everything else within the dotted lines.
It says my photo has low resolution. How do I fix it?
To make sure your photos print beautifully, we recommend following these steps::
- In the standard prints builder, either zoom out on the photo, or choose a smaller print size.
- In all other product builders, shrink your photo by the corner handles or scale it down with the slide tool. Or you can choose a new layout that uses smaller photos.