To upload photos, follow these steps.
- When the app home page opens, tap MY PHOTOS.
- The app will display the photos on your phone, and if you want to upload from there, skip to the next step. However, if you want to upload photos from an Instagram or Facebook account, click INSTAGRAM or FACEBOOK at the top of the screen and log into your account.
- Select albums or individual photos.
- At the top of the PHONE screen, you'll see that the Timeline view selected, with photos sorted by date. Choose Grid to view all your photos in chronological order, or choose Albums, to view or choose all the photos within specific albums in your phone.
- Tap the checkbox above a specific date (in Timeline view) or an Album (in Album view) to select all photos from that date or album.
- To select individual photos, tap a specific date or album (or tap the Grid view), and then tap the checkbox above the specific photos you want to upload.
- Tap "UPLOAD" at the bottom and log into Snapfish if you haven't already done so.
- Create or choose an album for the photos you are about to upload.
- Tap New Album for your selected photo(s), enter a new album name and tap OK, or
- Tap an album from those listed to begin the upload.
A blue status bar will indicate the progress of your upload.
Note: To properly display photos, you may need to turn on your Location Services for Snapfish and other photo sources on your iPhone or iPad.
Common questions about uploading photos to your account
Can I upload photos in the new HEIF format with iOS 11?
Yes, the latest release of the app supports the new High Efficiency Image File format.
How can I upload my photos to a specific album?
Select photos and tap "Upload". Pick the album you want or create a new one.
Why do all my photos appear automatically? Why can't I choose which photos?
Your phones photos are automatically displayed in the app, but you can choose which ones to upload to your account, or use in ordering a product.
What resolution are my photos uploaded in?
Photos are not high resolution, but are adequate for the products currently offered in the app.
Why do I get an error when uploading photos on your mobile app?
An uploading error can occur when uploading a large quantity of images. We recommend that you try uploading smaller batches such as 50-100 images at a time.