Editing options for prints depend on whether you are ordering standard prints or large prints (posters) and both are described below. Editing options for large prints are generally the same for other products as well, including books, calendars and canvases, for example.
Editing options for standard size prints (up to 20x30 cm)
On the Prints order screen you can remove the photo from your order by clicking the Remove link below the photo, or you can click the Edit link (below) to open the editing screen.
Click "Edit" below the photo to access editing options for prints 20x30 cm and smaller
In the editing screen (see below) you can make the following changes to individual photos
- Zoom in or out by clicking the + or - buttons, or by dragging a corner of the cropping box.
- Pan (or drag) the photo to the area you want to change the cropping.
- Click ENHANCE to change the brightness, contrast, and other lighting adjustments
- Click FILTERS to add a colour tint (sepia, black and white, etc.)
- Click ROTATE to flip the the photo 90 degrees to right.
Editing options for Posters (27.5 x 35 cm and larger) and other products
Photo editing options for large prints and most other products are available when you click a photo in your workspace (see photo below with menu options).
Options in the photo menu:
- To enhance a photo, including Auto Contrast, Fill Flash, Brightness or Contrast controls, adding tint filters, rotating and cropping options, just click the EDIT icon.
- To remove a border from a photo, click the no border icon (see right). This icon is only active if you have added a border to the photo from the new Borders menu in the left menu bar.
- To switch the positions of a photo with another, click the swap icon, then click the second photo. This will switch the positions of the 2 photos without affecting anything else on the page.
- To change the stacking order of layered objects on a page, use the paper stack icons (see right). These options allow you to layer photos, text, or embellishments, by bringing a selected item to the top or pushing it to the back of overlapping objects. These options are only active if you have more than one photo or object on the page (icons are grayed out below).
- To remove the photo from a page, click the trash can icon. This only removes the selected photo from the page. The same photo may still be in other pages and it is still in the project.
Options on the photo itself:
- To move a photo, click it and drag it anywhere on the page (you can't drag it across to another visible page).
- Zoom in or out of a photo by dragging the slider button below the menu, or clicking the + or - buttons.
- If you zoom in, you can drag the hand to show the area you want within the frame (see right). The hand only appears when your mouse is above the photo.
- Change the frame size or cropping by dragging any of the blue handles:
- To resize the photo, grab one of the corner handles and drag it outward to enlarge, or inward to reduce the size, or
- Drag one of the diamond shaped handles in the middle of each side, to change the photo's shape. The photo within the frame will crop to the dimensions of the resized frame.
- To rotate the photo, grab the circular icon below, or sometimes above the photo (see right), and move it right or left.