Softcover and hardcover books are currently available. The minimum number of pages for a book is 20, but you can now add additional pages to a maximum of 150. Steps for creating them follow.
- On the app home page, tap BOOKS.
- On the Books screen, scroll down to see what's available and tap the book you want.
- Select 22 or more photos and click DONE to proceed. You need 1 for the front cover, 1 for the back and 20 more for the individual pages for a basic book with a single photo on each page.
- Once you've selected photos, they will be placed in the book and you'll see the main book screen. If you selected more than 22 photos, additional pages are added to include the additional photos. In this view you can:
- Rearrange the order of pages by holding one down, and dragging it to another position (for interior pages, not the covers).
- Add more pages by tapping ADD PAGES at the bottom.
- Delete pages by tapping REMOVE PAGES at the bottom. Trash icons appear above each page and tapping one will remove that page. You can't delete if you only have 20 pages in the book.
- Tap the Save icon to save the project
- Tap a page to make changes to an individual page (Book page screen below)
- Tap CONTINUE to add the book to your cart when you are done with your changes.
- Tap a page to use any of these options:
- Tap PHOTOS and drag a photo from the bottom of the screen to the photo spot you want to fill or replace.
- Tap LAYOUT to view a variety of layouts, and tap the layout you want for the page. Layouts include variations with text, text-only, and multi-photo pages (up to 9 photos per page).
- Tap BACKGROUNDS to view the options at the bottom and tap one to apply it to the page.
- Tap a photo to zoom in, or adjust brightness and contrast. Stretch the photo with 2 fingers to zoom in, and drag it with one finger to re-position it. Tap Done to save the changes.
- For text areas (on Layouts with text included, only), tap the text area, enter your text, and adjust the font, size, color and alignment as you like. When done, click the check mark on the upper right of the text editing panel.
- Tap the large + sign at the bottom of the screen to select another photo for the book.
- To save your project to work on it later, tap the Save icon on the upper right at any time.
- Tap DONE to exit the page screen view and return to the main book screen.
- Review each page thoroughly. To see them better, turn your device left or right for a larger view of individual pages (see below).
- Tap CONTINUE to add your creation to your basket.
- Tap CHECKOUT NOW to review your order and shipping options.
- On the Review Order screen, check each entry by clicking the icon on its right:
- Items: Expand the section to show all the information about the products in your cart. You can Remove or Edit items, if desired.
- Shipping Speed: Tap the pencil icon to show all shipping methods, and choose the one you prefer.
- Ship To: Tap the pencil icon and enter the shipping address.
- Enter Payment Method: Tap the pencil icon to enter your credit card or PayPal information.
- Enter Coupon Code: Tap the pencil icon and enter your code.
- Order Total: Expand the section to see the cost of each item, shipping cost, and any discounts applied.
- Tap PLACE ORDER to complete your purchase. You will receive order confirmation in-app and via email.
Important: After saving your book project, you can access it again through the main app menu, and selecting Saved Projects (below). Also note, if you log out of Snapfish, or delete the app and reinstall, any saved projects will be lost.
- Many customers find it easier to select photos before choosing a product, especially if they have just uploaded photos. When you select photos, you will see several options at the bottom of your library screen. Just click SHOP, select a product, and continue at step 4 above.
- Also, once you add a project to the cart, you can edit it from within the cart by expanding the product details and tapping the pencil icon.
- The book cover finishes are glossy with semi-glossy finish for inside pages; currently no other options are available.
- Books must be at least 20 pages (+ front and back cover). Options to add pages are available, up to 150 maximum.
- Text and multiple photos are limited to optional page layouts that contain them.