Steps to create flat cards and greeting cards are very similar and the following instructions apply to both, except where noted.
- Click CARDS at the top of the screen to see all occasions and card types, or hover your mouse over the CARDS link and click one of the occasions or card types.
- At the top of the screen you will see the occasion or card type you've chosen with all the designs available. If there are too many choices, or you are looking for a card with a specific number of photos, orientation or colour, click Open filters to narrow your choices (see example below). The number of designs available after filtering will show next to the Open filters link.
- Thumb through the card designs, and when you find one you like, click it to see a product summary.
- From the summary you can:
- View the Full product descriptions (shows more details about the card)
- Or select the type of PAPER (for flat cards), QUANTITY, and COLOUR.
- Click CREATE NOW to begin customizing your card.
- Pick a different layout by clicking Colours & Layouts in the menu on the left. The number of layout choices can vary, but often include multiple photo layouts, photos with text and text only layouts. You can choose different layouts for the 2 inside surfaces of folded cards by clicking the surface and then choosing a layout. Note: if no layouts show for your card, or you want to add more photos than available in the menu, you can still drag photos to the surface, and/or add a text box, and then move them or customize them as you want.
- EDIT your photos if you wish. To do this click on the photo you wish to edit, and the editing menu will appear. You can ROTATE, CROP, MOVE, or DELETE a photo from a photo spot, or position photos to the FRONT or BACK (for overlapping photos). In MOVE mode, you can change the size and shape of the photos by dragging the corner (or midpoint) of the photo to the size or shape you want. You can also reposition the photos in the layout by dragging the photos from one place to another, or use the Shuffle icon as mentioned above.
- Finally, you can insert text into any text boxes by click the text area and adding your own. You can change Text Colour, Font, Size, Alignment and Background colour in the Text menu. Click the +ADD TEXT button (right) in the menu to add another text area to the layout, and drag it to where you want it to appear. You can also stretch the text box to allow more words or larger fonts by dragging a corner. Important: Make sure to check your spelling. We have a built-in spell checker that will underline any words that appear to be misspelled, but it may not catch some misspellings.
For more details on card options, see these articles.