Snapfish is all about photos, and the many things you can do with them. So if you are new to the site, it can be a bit bewildering to know where to get started. But it's really easy. We'll explain how to do things on the web site, rather than our mobile apps, as the site offers all our products and services.
Two less common ways to get started:1) Select and start creating a product. You will be prompted to add photos at that time.
2) If you get an invitation to view photos someone has shared with you, those photos will be in an album in your account after you register.
First, you'll need some photos to work with, so usually you just upload them to your personal account from your computer, or selected social sites. Just click the upload button at the top, select the source of your photos, then the photos you want to copy, and give the "album" a name. Albums are folders that hold your online photos, not physical photo books, like you can order. For details about uploading from your computer and mobile devices see our uploading article.
Next, you need to decide what you want to do with your photos. Three things can be done directly from the upload confirmation screen at the end of uploading.
- VIEW PHOTOS...Takes you to the album you just created, where you can change its name, or cover photo and add a description, or organize the photos if you like. You can also view a slideshow, share, edit your photos, or start a project.
- UPLOAD MORE...(same as above)
- ORDER PRINTS...Ordering prints is a very easy, and this option lets you order prints of the photos you just uploaded. Learn more about ordering prints (5.3x4 to 12x8 print sizes).
Create an easy photo project
Below are two simple projects that are good ways to learn the basics of creating photo products. These are easy to do, since you only need to create your layout for one printable surface, unlike calendars and photo books which have multiple pages.
- Try creating a one-surface project. By that we mean a product that only shows your photo (or photos) on one side, like a magnet, mug, or poster-size enlargement. See Create an easy photo gift, Create a mug, or Create a canvas to learn more.
- Another easy project to create is a collage print because all you have to do is add the photos you want, and the screen will organize them for you. See Create collage prints for detailed steps.
Tip: Most products allow you to add more than one photo to the surface for a collage. Only a few, like jewelry, blankets, and ornaments, allow only one photo.
When you are ready for a a multi-page project, try one of those listed below. The main options are the same as used for other projects, the main difference being that you have more pages to design. They are not at all difficult, because we have many features to make things easier. So you can make one very quickly, or take your time to create just the look you want.
Other things you can do
- Share an album--There are three ways you can share your photos. Learn how
- Explore or customize an album-- As mentioned above, you can personalize your online albums and photos. Learn more about your albums.
- Manage or view your account settings--You can change your account email address, your password, shipping address, credit card and other settings from the account pages. Learn more about your account settings.
- Once you have added a product or prints to your cart, learn more about your shopping cart and placing your order.
- Check your order status--If you've already ordered, details about recent orders appear on your home page and in your order history. See details
- If you get lost, browse or search our Help article index, which lists all of our help articles.